EPP - Emergency Planning Professional
The purpose of the ‘Emergency Planning Professional (EPP) certification is to guide personnel responsible for developing an emergency planning system for their organization or community. This certification includes the emergency planning process along with the rationale behind planning. It aims to help in preparing an effective EOP (emergency operations plan) – forming a team and framing the planning process and format. This will build capability for effective participation in all-hazards emergency operations to save lives and protect property threatened by disaster.
The Emergency planning section addresses in detail, the phases of Emergency management, steps in the emergency planning process, threat analysis, the development and maintenance of the plan.
The EPP certification also comprises of the Incident command system (ICS), under the National Incident Management System (NIMS). ICS is a standardized approach to incident management - command, control, and coordination of on-scene incident management. ICS represents organizational “best practices” and is considered a standard for emergency management.
The course includes the features, principles, and organizational structure of ICS. ICS system is used nationwide to manage incidents regardless of size or type.
At the end of the course, the student would be
- ready to implement a six-step process for developing and maintaining an emergency operations plan
- become familiar with the principles of ICS and NIMS used to manage incidents
- be prepared to coordinate with response partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
This new certification from NREPSM would provide a competitive edge to a professional since the employer can look up to a certified individual who can lead the response in an emergency or hazard of any kind, at any time, since the individual would have been involved right from the early stages of planning and be familiar with the overall picture.
An EPP certified individual can be at the forefront of the emergency handling – with preparedness in terms of who, what, how, why, when, in case of an emergency.
- Prerequisites are ICS 100, 200, and 700 must be completed before taking this course
- Location: Security Tactics Academy 6110 Pinemont Drive Suite 100 Houston Texas 77092
- This is an in-person class not a webinar.
- Instructors can provide this course at the organization or business facility provided there are at least 10 students and the travel/hotel cost are provided by such organization or business.