EPP Workshop - June 2023
- Classes will run every Wednesday 1 PM-5 PM, Thursday 8 AM-5 PM, Friday 8 AM-5 PM except holidays
- Minimum 6 members per class
- It is an IN Person workshop
Benefits of certification for the certification holder:
- Increased career opportunities
- Knowledge and skills acquired can be applied across industries
- Emergency planning and incident response can be developed parallel with one’s existing responsibilities.
- Professional and personal development by being a part of a network which will play a critical role in an emergency – in an organization or a community
- Proven ability to lead an emergency response to protect life and property
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Since Emergency planning and response is a collaborative activity, individuals who have specialized knowledge and experience in managing hazardous activities, can expand their scope of expertise through this certification while strengthening the overall capability of the emergency response team in the organization or community
NREPSM EEP certification is designed for individuals involved in crisis and emergency management decision making, response or recovery efforts – in a community or a private sector organization.
Students or professionals can apply for this certification, if they wish to develop a career in emergency planning and response.
- BS & BA degree or at least two years of practical experience
- For working professionals, three (3) years of acceptable work experience may be substituted for each year of an academic degree program.
- FEMA 100, 200, 300, and 700 must be completed prior to class.
To earn the certificate, participants need to take a quiz provided at the end of the study material. In addition, they will be provided a task to create an EOP for a given organization or facility utilizing the ICS elements and EOP template. After a day of creating said EOP the class will present the EOP and a critique and discussion will follow for final grade.
Security Tactics Academy
6110 Pinemont Dr. Suite 100
Houston TX 77092
National Registry of Environmental Professionals®
PO Box 2099
Glenview, IL 60025